Congratulations to our 2017 Scholarship Athletes.
We are excited about joining you on your sporting and academic journey and hope we can assist you in achieving your goals.
|Francesca Kidd||Sprint Kayak|
|Stuart Blair||Duathlon / Cycling|
|Brayden Davidson||Para Athletics|
|Ruby Bracken||Sprint Kayak|
|Jocelyn Nuemueller||Para Canoe / Wheelchair Basketball|
|Erin Strong||Judo / Handball|
Apply for a scholarship
Download and fill in the Flinders ONEsportandfitness Scholarship application 2017
Flinders ONEsport & Fitness offers the opportunity to apply for one of many of the sporting scholarships on offer. From international sporting financial support through to facility access for training, the assistance is available and open to all Flinders University students.
Available for application are:
• CrossFit competition scholarships: full 12 month CrossFit memberships plus funding towards competition costs. Valued at 4 x $750.
• Elite Athlete Flinders University AUG participation. Funding assistance for sporting participation in Australian University Sport events. Funding on application. Valued up to $1000
• Elite Athlete International: Funding assistance for sporting participation in international events (e.g. World Championships, Olympics, Commonwealth Games, World University Games etc.). Funding on application. Valued up to $1000
• Elite Athlete National: Funding assistance for sporting participation in national events (e.g. National Championships). Funding on application. Valued up to $500
• Elite Athlete Local: Funding assistance for sporting participation in local events (e.g. Division 1 club competitions, State Championships etc.). Funding on application. Valued up to $200
• Flinders ONEfitness athlete: full year sport and fitness facility access to assist in training for their sport. On application. 15 x $200
Flinders University is an Elite Athlete Friendly University and all athletes are encouraged to apply for Elite athlete status. This will assist you to balance your studies and your sport with the support from the university. Please refer to the elite athlete information.
Scholarships funding will be offered as follows:
- CrossFit competition scholarship : 4 x full 12 month CrossFit memberships plus funding towards competition costs. Valued at $750 each.
- Elite athlete AUG participation for: 6 x $1000 each towards participation at approved AUG events.
- Elite athlete Flinders University national/international Flinders University representation.
- Funding assistance for sporting participation in national / international events. Funding on application.
- Flinders ONEfitness sporting athlete; full year sport and fitness facility access to assist in training for their sport. On application.
- Strength and conditioning scholarship ; 2 x full year Strength and conditioning scholarships include access to facility and coaching.
- CrossFit competition scholarship : Train onsite and represent CrossFit Flinders Uni at local and national CrossFit competition events.
- Elite athlete AUG participation : Represent Flinders University at Australian University sport event, either qualifying event, championship event or Australian University Games.
- Elite athlete Flinders University national/international Flinders University representation ;
- Flinders University is recognised via branding or provided with photos and story around the event that can be used by the University.
- Elite athlete Flinders ONEfitness ; Demonstration in application as to how facility access will assist in fitness preparation for their sport.
- Strength and conditioning scholarship ; 2 x full year Strength and conditioning scholarships. Must be active Flinders University student club member.
- All scholarship holders may be asked to attend, on no more than two occasions, promotional events/ undertake promotional activities to assist in the marketing the scholarship scheme.
Applications only accepted if you are an enrolled student at Flinders University and that it is received by last 11th August 2017. All applicants will need to provide a hard copy / electronic copy image of themselves competing in their sport. These can be used for promotional purposes.
Please direct any enquiries directly to Wendy Gower
P : 8201 2842