The Athlete Development Program delivered by Flinders University Sport and Fitness is a sports training and athletic support program aimed to assist students in the pursuit of sporting and academic excellence.
The Athlete Development Program aims to benefit students through unprecedented access to high level facilities and training environments with the support of our highly qualified staff. Our strength and conditioning team can tailor their support to work with your current program and sporting coaches, or develop a program to suit your needs.
In addition our students can access our allied health professionals who can assist in assessing and managing new or existing injuries, or provide assessment of your nutritional and dietary requirements.
We ultimately aim to provide students the training and support not often accessible that is required to become improved athletes and achieve greater results within their chosen sport.
- Flinders University Sport and Fitness Gym Membership
- Athlete Development Program Bag
- Clinical Health and Fitness Assessment
- Individual Strength and Conditioning Program
- Strength and Conditioning Facility Access and Coaching
- Allied Health Support – Massage, Physiotherapy & Dietitian Services
How to Apply
Applications Open: Monday 1st February
Applications Close – Friday 26th March
For further information or any questions, please contact Christian Thiel – email@example.com or 8201 2408.
Elite Athlete Status
This program provides students with:
- Advice, guidance and advocacy on academic planning, including enrolment and assessment needs.
- Support in negotiating flexibility to meet sporting and academic requirements, including:
- study load and timetables
- leave of absence to meet commitments
- assessment deadlines
- sitting exams externally
- work integrated learning arrangements
- cross-institutional study options interstate or credit transfer arrangements.
- Services, including:
- medical, counselling and student learning assistance
- career development, including the Horizon Award professional development workshops
- access to the Sports Ambassador program for casual employment opportunities.
For more information see the website www.flinders.edu.au/eliteathlete
For more information, please contact Christian Thiel – firstname.lastname@example.org or 8201 2408